Released November, 2008
The Pros:Full 1080p resolution. THX certified. Built in zoom and lens cover.
The Cons:Extremely expensive. No PC VGA input.
The JVC DLA-RS20 is part of JVC's high-end reference, HD projector product line and is one released model included in four seperate simultaneous product releases. The release also includes another corporate/professional model projector (DLA-RS10) geared towards business companies and two consumer models (DLA-HD350 and the DLA-HD750).
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The RS20 features a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 HD and a brightness level of 900 lumens thanks to the specially designed sixteen step aperture. The RS20 supports a native aspect ratio of 16:9 but also provides support for 4:3 and has a featured contrast ratio of 50,000:1. What specifically sets the HD-RS20 apart from its cheaper model (DLA-RS10) is the fact that it is THX certified. THX certification means that the device is certainly capable of presenting a wide range of video content at maximum resolutions with the correct color and luminance levels.
The RS20 also includes JVC's wire-grid optical engine to provide vivid picture and color and maintain "true-blacks". The lens has a high-performance 2x motorized zoom to provide full HD picture quality and also includes a lens cover that opens and closes with the power-up and power-down of the device. The vertical lens shift of the device has a vertical percentage of plus and minus 80 %, while the horizontal lens shift has a percentage of plus and minus 34%. Inputs include 2 HDMI, 1 component and 1 composite set, and an S-video port. The RS20 provides an overall screen size of 60in. by 200in. (152.4cm by 508cm). There is no quoted hours for estimated lens life as of yet.
- Full HDTV compatible Projector
- 1920x1080 Display Resolution
- 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio support
- 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 900 ANSI Lumen Brightness
- Horizontal lens shift: +/- 80%; Vertical lens shift +/- 34%
- Screen size of 60in. by 200in. (152.4cm by 508cm)
- HDMI, Component, Composite, and S-video Inputs
- Complete custom color management (R, G, B, C, Y, or M, in three separate axes of color phase, chroma saturation and brightness)
- THX certified device
- HQV Reon-VX video processor developed by Silicon Optix
- Provides quality de-interlacing and upscaling of standard DVD formats
- High performance motorized 2x zoom lens
- JVC wire-grid optical engine technology to enhance picture, color, and "true-blacks"
- Automated lens dust cover
- Release Date: November, 2008
- MSRP: $7,999
User Reviews (1)
built in zoom and lens cover
You may also like...